Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

April 6, 2011

Outside my window... it is a beautiful sunny 77 degrees. It is a perfect day for a bike ride and some fresh air.

I am thinking... about using flylady.net to get motivated to keep up with my daily/weekly chores.

I am thankful for... friends who are also great prayer warriors. Not only do they keep us in their daily prayers but also our friends and family who are facing difficult times and in need of extra prayers.

From the kitchen...
half a party pizza is warming in the toaster oven and a half-pound of ground beef is defrosting.

I am wearing... the same pajamas for the last couple of days. It is time to get out and enjoy the day.

I am creating... a paper first anniversary gift. I have been working on it in secret. Hubby has no idea what it is.

I am going...
to treat myself to a milkshake from McDonald’s. I want a shamrock shake if they still have them. 

I am STILL reading... Financial Peace Revisited. I am struggling with my book a month goal. I have to find a day where I can just sit and read.

I am hoping praying...
for Nancy and Joan.
 
Rest in peace Carl. You lived a long and blessed life. Our lives are enriched because we knew you. Eternal rest grant unto Carl and may perpetual light sine upon him. May Carl and the souls of all the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

I am hearing... DING! -- the sound of the toaster oven. Pizza is warm. Yummy!

Around the house... it is calm and quiet. There are a few small chores that need to be done but overall it is rather peaceful.

One of my favorite things... getting to talk with family on Skype. My 3-year-old niece sang nursery rhymes to me. She even asked my sister to call back after we hung up just to show me her new “glasses.”

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Semniar Week #7
Friday: Orlando
Saturday: Easter Egg Hunt with Young Adults in Christ
Sunday: Our first anniversary

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

New landscaping project

Our front walk
The shrub we picked out.
It is called Loropetalum or Emerald Snow.
The view across the "lake" from under our oak tree.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment