Sunday, November 14, 2010

Daybook & Cruise highlights


FOR TODAY


Actual Daybook entry


For November 9, 2010 written on November 12, 2010
Aboard Radiance of the Seas, Royal Caribbean cruise ship



Outside my window portal... I can see across the vast ocean all the way to the horizon.

The view outside our portal window


From the top deck… I love to watch the wake as the ship sails toward Costa Maya, Mexico.


The wake as seen from the top deck



I am thinking... there is no better way to relax than sailing across the Gulf of Mexico on a large cruise ship.


Radiance of the Seas, Royal Caribbean


I am thankful for... new friends (other young adult couples at dinner) and new experiences (Mayan ruins at Costa Maya and walking downtown Cozumel)


From the kitchen... the executive chef and sous chefs are preparing exquisite fine meals.


Our Filipino waiter Benedict performs a trick for us to earn his tips
He balanced the tips of the toothpicks using the forks as weights


I am wearing... comfortable shoes for climbing on the Mayan ruins.


Climbing to the top of one of the Mayan ruins


I am creating... photo memories of our first cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico.


On top of the Mayan ruins
At the base of the Mayan ruins


I am going... to Costa Maya and Cozumel on our first cruise. We are going to see the Mayan ruins at Costa Maya and tour and shop at Cozumel.


I am reading... House Rules by Jodi Picoult and the Cruise Compass, the daily newsletter aboard our ship.


I am hoping praying... for safe travel and return home for all that are traveling. St. Michael the Archangel and Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.


Stained glass of St. Michael the Archangel
Our Lady of Guadalupe


I am hearing... music and people dancing poolside on Deck 11.


Line dancing by the pool
Send-off party by the pool on Deck 11


Around the ship... there are people from all over the world enjoying a cruise and all the activities.


Watch out for the water hazard. It's a doozy!
We won 3rd place in the mini-golf tournament with Ken & Allison from North Carolina. I helped with moral support.


Around the house... it is all quiet on the eastern front (home in Bradenton, FL) except for the cat.


One of my favorite things... having time to relax and forget about all work this week, days without stress, and quality time with my husband.


Outside a local restaurant in Cozumel, Mexico


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Visit the Mayan ruins
Thursday: Walking tour of Cozumel

There is NOTHING on the agenda – We’re on vacation!!!

Next week: Recover from vacation and back to housework and weekly routine.




Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Sunset on Deck 12 of Radiance of the Seas with my hubby


Watching the sunset on Deck 12
It was a beautiful sight over the ocean
(Still) newlyweds enjoying a romantic sunset on our first cruise
I caught some sun in my hand
Even hubby got some sun on this cruise


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome week you are having! I've always wanted to do a cruise like that. Enjoy your time with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually last week's post but we were away last week. I had to post it late. Hubby is back to work and back to house chores for me (when the sea legs go away!)

    ReplyDelete