Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... I can see the dark of night straight to the heavens -- a cloudy sky on a cool fall night, the first night in November.

I am thinking... of what needs to be packed for our trip. Clothes for fancy dinners, clothes for daily excursions, clothes for just lounging by the pool…. So much to pack!

I am thankful for... everyone who has come in and out of my life. Some are still a part of my life and others have come and gone in a short matter of time but each one, no matter how long I have known them, changed my life forever. I can never go back to who I was before they came into my life.

From the kitchen...  lies the heart and soul of my home. It is where love is made. I put a lot of thought into each dish I make whether it is a cold cut sandwich or an elaborate meal. I add a dash of love not as extra but as part of the main ingredient.

I am wearing... my pajamas and looking to call it a night soon as I wait for my husband to come home from a long day at work.

I am creating...
memories to show our children someday how Mommy and Daddy loved each other.

I am going...
on vacation very soon where neither of us have to drive. We are looking forward to just resting and relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.

I am reading... nothing new right now. I read the Publix sale ad and the coupons in the Sunday paper every week. I finally started my Jodi Picoult book but I have not picked it up in a few days. Perhaps on our vacation I can accomplish more reading.

I am hoping praying... the elections this year elect to office the right candidates who will uphold our moral and ethical beliefs and values and that they remember we are ONE nation under GOD. Adding extra prayers for family and friends and all those who have no one to pray for them.

I am hearing... dead silence except for the computer running and the sound of me typing on the keyboard. It must be late at night and time to get ready to call it a day.

Around the house... there is STILL work to be done. There are always dishes to be done, floors to be mopped, laundry to be washed, clutter to be put away… But it can all wait another.

One of my favorite things... praise and worship music. I love sing dance and sing before our Lord. It fills me with joy and gladness.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Pack for vacation.
Tidy and clean the house.
The weekend: Quality time with family

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Exchanging rings on our wedding day
With this ring...
...I thee wed.

I will not be posting a Daybook next week but I will be sure to write it out to share along with the following weeks Daybook.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely list and I hope you enjoy your trip immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're newly wed...how wonderful..I enjoyed reading your daybook...enjoy your vacation.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete