Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daybook

 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is a quiet crisp, cool fall afternoon. The streets are so quiet you can hear the sounds from I-75 off in a distance. All the front lawns have been well kept in anticipation of Thanksgiving and the arrival of family and friends.


The view of our house from across the street

I am thinking... how much work needs to be done to get the house in order before the holidays. Even though we do not plan on having family here for the holidays, I am hoping to still keep my home organized so there is not much to do when all the holiday festivities have passed.

I am thankful for... quality time we get to spend with our family and friends during our first holiday season married.

From the kitchen... there is always something going on whether it is cooking a fancy meal or just soup and sandwiches, washing the dishes, or sweeping and mopping the floor. The kitchen is my domain where I like to spend most of my time and where the heart and joy of all my work can be found.


I am wearing... comfortable clothing to continue my daily chores and finish the work that needs to be done for the holidays.

I am creating... a photo collage of the past year (with the help of a good friend) for our first family Christmas card.

I am writing… our first annual holiday letter to share our joys and blessings from the past year with our family and friends.

I am going... nowhere today. There is much to be done at home. I have plenty of housework to catch up on today before the holiday festivities start.

I am reading... Facebook statuses of my friends and family as they prepare for the holiday festivities with their families and friends.  I enjoy reading interesting articles and blogs that I find on the Internet through links on my friend’s Facebook pages.


I am hoping praying... safe travels for all those who are traveling this week for Thanksgiving and in the upcoming weeks for Christmas. I pray we all have safe travels whether they are flying thousands of miles away or just a few minutes to a neighbor’s home to celebrate. May all have a thankful and blessed holiday season.

I am hearing... the sounds of the washing machine and dryer as I finish some of the housework that has remained undone for the last few days.

Around the house... there is always work to be done. You can sweep, mop, clean, and organize but after it is all said and done, the cycle starts all over again. A housewife’s work is NEVER done.

One of my favorite things... spending quality time with family and friends and making new memories that can be cherished for a lifetime.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Thanksgiving with my in-laws
Friday: Day off and quality time with my husband
Saturday: Florida vs. Florida State football game and a visit with friends in Orlando.

GO GATORS!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The start of holiday decorations for our first Christmas in our new home


The first signs of Christmas at our new house

All our Christmas decorations which have only been in storage for six months

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the idea of your blog- documenting your first wonderful year! I've been married 10 years now and that first year was still one of the most precious! Enjoy this first season of holidays as a married couple!
    Steph@ My Life in Crumbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to blog-document more than our first year. I hope to share our experiences throughout our marriage. The last 7 and 1/2 months have been incredible as well as difficult and I am sure there will be more of the same as our marriage continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete