Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Daybook



FOR TODAY


Outside my window... there is the appearance of sun and warmth but it is bit chilly outside. Highs in the 50s and lows in the upper 30s today. We are not used to it being this cold. It definitely is not your typical Florida weather.

I am thinking... about my Mom and Dad. I miss them and hope I can see them very soon.

I am thankful for... a roof over my head to keep me warm and safe.

From the kitchen... I hope to be baking very soon. I found a new baking cookbook and look forward to trying out a recipe or two.

I am wearing... sweat pants and a long sleeve tee shirt with my socks and Mary Jane slippers to keep me warm.

I am creating... nothing at the moment but hoping to get back to our scrapbook. I have a long way to go until I am caught up to the current events. I am still working on the early years.

I am going... nowhere in particular today.

I am reading... House Rules -- the same book I have been reading for the last month. I am about halfway and thinking about what to read next. I am also thinking about what books I want to read next year for our book a month goal.

I am hoping praying... for my husband to fight off this cold and be on his feet again very quickly.

I am hearing... the cat running between the bedroom and living room playing with her mouse.

Around the house... there is so much work to do be done. Not just our daily chores but there is so much work to be done to continue to transform our house into a home.

One of my favorite things... the smell of fresh baked cookies.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Thursday: Early Christmas with Mom and Dad and Grandma Rosa
Friday: Anna’s Christmas concert and dinner with my sister and family
Saturday: Social and dinner with Young Adults in Christ at Church
Trump card: Hubby is fighting off a cold and I am spending the next few days taking care of him.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

One year ago…we bought our first home.

Kris enters our home for the first time as an owner.
The master bedroom before....
...looked like an Egyptian pyramid inside.
We changed the color...
...and added new carpet.
With a new color La Fonda Tortuga and carpet...
...it was almost ready to be our master suite.
The guest bedroom was painted...
...yellow and blue for a young child.
With the new Copper Hyde color...
...it was almost ready for visitors.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! What a beautiful home :) I pray you and your husband have many happy years there and anywhere you may go. :)

    ReplyDelete