Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daybook


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... Right now it is 56 degrees with winds from the NNE at 5mph. The low tonight is going to be 42 degrees. The highs are in the 50s for the next 12 hours. Why does it FEEL so much colder????

I am thinking... Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.  Please Santa do not bring me a lump of coal. I have been a very good girl.

I am thankful for...
friends who are prayer warriors and are always there to offer prayers when you need it. Thank you so much to Sharon, Kathy, Pat, Laura, and Maria for praying over me last night when I really needed it. Prayers have helped tremendously and I am on the road to a clear mind.

From the learning rooms... Although we do not have children yet, there is always learning going on. I am learning every day how to be a better wife and someday a Mom.

From the kitchen... the sink is full of dirty dishes, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded, the stove needs to be cleaned… There is so much to be done!

I am wearing...
my pajamas. I love pajamas. They are so comfortable.

I am creating...
a home with my husband. A home that will someday be suitable for children to laugh and play. A safe home full of love. A home they can always come to and find a warm hug and gentle kisses from Mom and Dad.

I am going went... to buy the last cards we needed for this year including one for my darling's birthday. I love to send and give cards. They make someone feel they are loved.

I am reading... Currently, House Rules by Jodi Picoult. I do not have the time or sometimes the motivation (it comes and goes) I only have ¼ left and I do not want to put it down when I get the chance and motivation to read.



Reading list for 2011:

Six books for learning and growing


1. Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey


2. Graced and Gifted : Biblical Wisdom for the Homemaker’s Heart by Kimberly Hahn


3. Life-Giving Love: Embracing God’s Beautiful Design for Marriage by Kimberly Hahn


4. The Body Reveals God : A Guided Study of Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body by Katrina J. Zeno


5. The Authentic Catholic Woman by Genevieve Kineke


6. Good News about Sex & Marriage : Answers to Your Honest Questions about Catholic Teaching by Christopher West



Six books for leisure and pleasure

1. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult


2. Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult


3. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


4. The Shack by William Paul Young


5. Fireproof : Never Leave your Partner by Eric Wilson


6. The Equation that Couldn’t be Solved : How Mathematical Genius Discovered the Language of Symmetry by Mario Livio



My original intention was to alternate between book of learning and leisure but I have decided that these are the 12 books I would like to read next year. They can be read in any order but all 12 must be read by the end of the year.

I hope also to do more Bible reading and praying on a daily basis to keep myself spiritually connected.


I am hoping praying... May everyone have joy, peace, and love that the Christ Child brings this Christmas season. May everyone always have happiness, good health, and prosperity throughout the coming year.

I am hearing...
the sound of the washing machine and dryer. There is ALWAYS laundry to be done!

Around the house...
there is much to be cleaned and organized. There is so much to do for our house to become a home. We have papers to be filed and organized and a whole room that needs to be cleared. We are in no rush as we know it takes a lifetime of love to make a home complete.

One of my favorite things...
is warm fresh, crisp laundry. I love warm soft clothes as they come out of the dryer. Sometimes I just want to put it on right there. I do not mind washing it because the washing machine and dryer do all the work. I dread folding it and putting it away.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Clean and organize the house
Saturday: Christmas day with the in-laws
Sunday: Hubby’s 35th birthday and the Feast of the Holy Family

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged. Then have my lips the sin that they have took. Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.






http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

1 comment:

  1. I like your reading list. I think I may read some of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete