Monday, December 13, 2010

Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is way too cold for it to be Florida. Temperatures are supposed to drop into the 30s with highs only in the 50s. Someone please tell Mother Nature that this is STILL Florida. We prefer it to be a bit warmer or ask that it snow.

I am thinking... it better warm up pretty soon. Late night drives to check on the rental in the cold are not very much fun. Having to drive up every 3 days or so are not fun either.

I am thankful for... a heater that works, warm blankets, and someone nice and warm to snuggle up with at night.

From the kitchen… the only things I have made recently are finger foods or treats. I need a new recipe or two to get the creative juices flowing again.

I am wearing...
sweat pants, a long sleeve tee shirt, and socks and I am STILL cold.

I am creating... more holiday memories. This first Christmas is turning out to be a very special one.

I am going... on an adventure with my hubby to check on the rental and make sure the pipes do not freeze. I have to wonder if this is still Florida when you are talking about a hard freeze warning.

I am reading... House Rules (still) and thinking about the reading list for 2011. I want to alternate every month between a book for pleasure and a book that helps me to be a better wife and someday a mother. Our goal is one book a month for 2011. I want to exceed it and read 18 books.

I am hoping praying...
for warmer weather and for all those who do not have a roof over their head or proper clothes on their back to keep them safe and warm this winter.

I am hearing... the sound of the computer working hard.

Around the house... not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. (Well, maybe the cat but she just may be too cold to even scamper around the house)

One of my favorite things...
a cup of hot coffee on a cold winter’s day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: Check on the rental, Quality time with my husband
Thursday: Prayer group
Friday and Saturday: RELAX
Sunday: Baptism, Simbang Gabi

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Our Lady of Guadalupe
Feast Day: December 12


Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe

San Juan Diego & Our Lady of Guadalupe
Holy Day: December 8


O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

The Magnificat
Luke 1: 46-55

My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with His arm:
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and exalted those of low degree.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
and the rich He has sent empty away.
He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;
As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment