Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daybook



FOR TODAY


Outside my window...
is a cool 66 degrees outside. It was an incredibly gorgeous day outside and I am so sad that I did not take advantage of it. I hope it is just as beautiful tomorrow and the rest of the week so I can enjoy it.

I am thinking... what an amazing last couple of weeks we have had. We have fought a lot less and even staved off a big fight or two. We have definitely loved a lot more and grown tremendously. What a great life marriage has been! If I would have known it was this grand, I would have done it much sooner.

I am thankful for... having more than we need yet less than we want. We are so blessed that all our needs are met.

From In the kitchen... the refrigerator and pantry are full. There is more than enough food to keep our bellies full. We are so blessed that we do not want for food.

I am wearing...
corduroys! I feel so retro. It reminds me of my younger days when all we wore were bellbottom corduroys!

I am creating... nothing. I would like to learn a craft such as knitting or crocheting. Perhaps even sewing. I am not sure I have the patience though for it.

I am going...
to the grocery store for a few things to get us through the next couple of weeks while they are still on sale.

I am reading...
Total Money Makeover. I finally finished House Rules and decided to read Total Money Makeover instead of Financial Peace Revisited. It is a faster read and I am a tad behind on my book a month. I hope to have this done by the end of the week so I can get a jump-start on February’s book.





I am hoping praying...
for all my family & friends. I am praying for healing, financial blessings, happiness for newlyweds and health for newborn babies.

I am hearing...
the news playing in the background as I surf the Internet and finish this week’s Daybook.

Around the house...
I have managed to keep it tidy. I have managed to keep up with a little work here and there to keep things tidy and neat. Every once in a while I have to do a heavy cleaning but tidying up here and there really helps to keep it nice.

One of my favorite things...
our cat, Gracie. She has found a new place to sit and relax – my open drawers. She likes to climb in them when she finds them open. She always looks up at me as if to say, “What am I doing wrong?” Even though I am a little upset that she is doing something she is not supposed to be doing, I always have to take a picture.

Sitting in our dresser drawer in the master bedroom

In the drawer in the guest room

A few plans for the rest of the week:


Friday: Date night at the dollar theatre
Saturday: Trip to St. Petersburg to visit family
Sunday: Happy first birthday to our godchildren the twins – Ella & Owen

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Here is some artwork drawn by my 5-year old niece Anna Rose. We hope that someday they will be worth a lot of money. For now, they make great refrigerator art.

Our Family including the cat

Anna and Uncle Kris with his head in the clouds

Anna and Auntie Eileen. I am not sure why the house.

Even if they were worth a lot of money, I'd never sell them. To me, they are priceless! We love them and Anna, too!

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. Your Kitty is SOOOooooo cute ! My children say I have more pictures of our pets than them ! I enjoyed reading your blog post and will be praying for your relationship with you hubby today as I fix dinner . Blessings ! Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Our kitty is almost 10 years old. We got her when we first started dating.

    ReplyDelete