Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is cloudy and very windy. We are expecting some severe weather later this evening. It has rained quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I am not sure I have seen this much rain in January in quite some time.

I am thinking...
better get the laundry done before the big rains hit. I hate to do laundry when it is raining.

I am thankful for...
great family and friends. We had a fun (but exhausting) day celebrating the twins (our niece and nephew and godchildren) first birthday on Sunday. It was nice to spend time with family.

Ella was eager and anticipating cake.
Owen was not too excited about cake.
Ella after cake was all said and done. She really had fun with the cupcake.
Owen after cake was all said and done. He was just not as into it.

From the kitchen... it is Taco Tuesday. Although it is “Taco Tuesday” at Pablanos (hard shell tacos for 99 cents at a local restaurant) I am making my own version of Taco Tuesday at home. I have been craving a nice crunchy taco!

I am wearing... pajamas. It is nice to lounge around the house in my pajamas. They are comfortable and I can get a lot done around the house when I am more comfortable.


I am creating... a quickie budget. It is part of our homework assignment from our Financial Peace University class last night.

I am going... nowhere. The car is low on gas and hubby has the new car. We are approaching the end of the month and the very end of the budget. Things get a little tight this time of the month.


I am reading... three books at once! Last year I had trouble keeping up with just one book and now I am reading three at the same time.

Total Money Makeover: my January book of the month

Financial Peace Revisited: for our Financial Peace University class

Heaven is for Real: for spiritual growth and inspiration

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

I swapped Financial Peace for Total Money Makeover since I was behind on our book a month goal. But now we are reading Financial Peace as part of our class. I will be reading it over the next 13 weeks.

I am hoping praying... for a successful Financial Peace University class, for continued strength and growth in our marriage, and for health and prosperity.

I am hearing... the dryer. There always seems to be laundry that needs to get done. Today is a good day to get it all done.

Around the house... there is still so much work to be done – inside and outside. My husband took apart the playground and old wood in the backyard. They were not safe for the kids anymore. Perhaps someday we will install a new set.


One of my favorite things... Everything Dave Ramsey: Financial Peace, Total Money Makeover, The Dave Ramsey Show, etc. He keeps us focused and intense about getting out of debt.

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

Dave Ramsey
Financial Peace University
Our FPU kit

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Friday: Family meeting – February goals and quickie budget
Saturday: A day to relax with my hubby
Sunday: Five Guys Burgers and Fries with the neighbor

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My bounty from Detweiler’s Farm

This is just a start to get my husband eating (and maybe liking) fruits and vegetables.

http://www.detwilersfarmmarket.com/

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

5 comments:

  1. I've never paid much attention to Dave Ramsey, but I think you have inspired me to check him out. We had a huge financial chage this past year losing more than half of our income so I am learning how to manage on a lot less now and it's hard! Thanks for the inspiration. And I loved the kids pictures! We just celebrated my grandsons first birthday last month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been a listener for almost ten years and I've recently jumped on board. Dave has been an inspiration for us. Not just our finances but our marriage. He is a good Christian so he keeps you on track not just personally but helps you to give/tithe like no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find him online at DaveRamsey.com and listen to his radio program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable babies :) My niece just had twin girls two weeks ago.
    Love Taco Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. The twins are our niece & nephew (on my hubby's side) They are also our godchildren. I am a very proud aunt. They are niece/nephew #7 and #8 between the both of us.

    ReplyDelete