Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

We're starting February off on the right foot...

Outside my window... right now the temps are in the low 70s and only expected to drop to the mid 60s through the course of the evening. I only know this because www.weather.com tells me. Due to an unexpected allergy attack a couple of days ago, I cannot spend too much time outside despite the beautiful weather we are having. I am SO sad. The current pollen count is high for trees but low for grass and weeds.

I am thinking... what an exciting month we have ahead of us. If it is anything like January had been for us, we have some serious fun times ahead!

I am thankful for... for my husband. I am so blessed to have such a loving, caring, and compassionate husband -- who will comfort me in times of need and gives hugs that always seem to say “everything is going to be all right as long as it is me and you my love.”

From the kitchen... I have managed to keep the stovetop clean. I realize that it is easier to clean it after each meal. And makes a lot less work in the kitchen. I have also managed to cook more meals for my husband to take to work so he does not have to take a “frozen dinner.”

I am wearing... shorts and a tee shirt. It is a good getting-some-laundry-and-staying-in-the-house kind of outfit.

I am creating making... the bed today and perhaps everyday. I was inspired watching yesterday’s FPU lesson with my husband. A simple chore yet it is rarely done. Perhaps I might be more motivated to get work done around the house (and outside, too) if the bed was made and not so tempting to crawl into or stay in our bedroom on the computer all day.

I am going...
nowhere today. It is time to finish washing all my whites and bed sheets today. (This seems to be consistent for Tuesdays. Perhaps it is time for a change.)

I am reading...
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. This is my bonus book for the month of January. I was in no rush to finish it before the month was out. I am about 1/3 the way through it and looking forward to another bonus book in February, too. I just finished Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (my January book of the month) as of 6:30am this morning. I am looking forward to starting The Authentic Catholic Woman by Genevieve Kineke (my February book of the month)


I did not have a particular order that I was going to read the 12 books I had chosen but I have since decided to read all the learning ones first so that I can enjoy the 2nd half of the year.

We are also still reading as part of our Financial Peace University class, Financial Peace Revisited over the next 13 weeks.


I am hoping praying... for all my friends and family who are far away whether they are in another city, state, or country. I pray for those who are experiencing terrible blizzards. I pray for all those whose flights have been canceled or delayed. May they soon find a way to return home or to their destination.

I am hearing... the washing machine and dryer. I am just over 1/3 of the way through three loads of laundry. I have one washed, dried, folded, and put away. I have another in the washing machine (the BIG load) and one in the dryer. (This also seems to be routine for Tuesday...maybe next week I will do something different!)

Around the house...
we are making progress. We are getting things done and keeping things in order. We are working together to make this house into a home.

One of my favorite things...
cuddling and reading a book with my husband in before bed. I never knew how relaxing and enjoyable it would be to read and discuss a book together. We are growing and strengthening our marriage everyday.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Groceries
Thursday: Summerfield & Prayer group
Saturday: Day of Renewal

Here are some February goals and plans:


1) Continue with backyard project
2) Continue with home improvements
3) Continue involvement in St. Joseph our home parish
4) February book of the month: The Authentic Catholic Woman by Genevieve Kineke
5) Continue to maintain housework
6) Lock in renter for our rental property

Things to look forward to in February:


1) Our 10 (double digits!) month Anniversary - 02.10.10
2) Valentine's Day -- not just a day for lovers but the 10-year anniversary of our first meeting
3) Visits with family

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

More adventures from our Gracie

Gracie trying to sleep while Kris and I read and play on the computer.

Can't a cat just get some sleep around here?

Can you please turn out the lights so I can get some sleep?

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment