Wednesday, February 2, 2011

With One Foot in Front of the Other

I have decided to take a few strides ahead in order to be a better wife. I want to do more to be a better wife and someday a great Mom. I am taking some small steps now that will one day lead to big strides toward the future. We can only take these small steps ahead with one foot in front of the other. If we try to do it any other way then we are just going to trip over our feet and fall down. So we move forward one step at a time. Set one or two smaller goals each day that will lead us to our final goal.

Here are a few February goals I have set for myself and what I hope it will lead me to in the future:

Goal #1: Make the bed everyday. Every morning after we both wake up and get out of bed, I want to make the bed so that we are not tempted to crawl back in bed. I want us to be up and out of bed and ready to start the day.

Goal #2: Clean our bedroom. Our bedroom is not a terrible mess but we have little stuff everywhere. The dresser is constantly cluttered. It is a comfortable place to be and we spend a lot of time in there. If I can keep the room clean and less cluttered, then it might not be such a comfortable place to spend the whole day.

Goal #3: Clean the master bathroom. The master bathroom has not been thoroughly cleaned since we were married. I want to organize under the sinks, medicine cabinet, and "junk" drawer. I want to get rid of anything that is excess that we do not use.

If I can accomplish these three goals, then I hope to spend less time on the computer and in our bedroom. Enjoy the rest of our house. I can start on other "projects" in the other areas of the house so we can continue to make this house into a home. I want to be able to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day. Since we keep our bedroom like a cave, it is hard to see the outside. I always want to enjoy the day but by the time I am motivated enough to do so, it is already too late. So I hope with these three goals I can motivate myself to want to get out and do more.

I am moving forward. I am taking huge strides toward the future one step at a time with one foot in front of the other.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same 3 goals (or should I say challenges...)but I am 100% available now so it should get done!

    ReplyDelete