Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ten years

There are some huge gaps but these are some archived pictures of us together. They go way back to when we first got together.

2001

The First Time

We first started dating sometime after Valentine's Day 2001. It was probably April or May. I asked him out and then he kissed me.




Our First Vacation -- Summer 2001 Key West

We took our first vacation together to Key West in the summer of 2001.


We left from my apartment in Naples, FL
We watched the sunset on Duval St
It was very romantic
Southern Most Point, Key West, FL
We enjoyed Key Lime Pie in  Key West
We came back to Naples to watch the sunset on the beach near the pier

Our First Trip to Disney -- Fall 2001

In the fall of 2001, we went to Disney.


We went to visit the countries in Epcot. Here we are in Norway.
Kris met my 18-month old niece Lexy for the first time (She is eleven now!)

Our First Three Months -- Circa 2001

One of our fancy dates to celebrate three months together. We had dinner at Carrabbas. I bought Kris a brand new shirt and pants. He bought me a dozen red roses.


I had never seen him dressed up before
The first time he ever bought me flowers
We took a picture after dinner with our waiter at Carrabbas

Lalie's Wedding -- December 2001

We attended my younger sister's wedding on December 1, 2001. I was a bridesmaid. Was this a sign of times yet to come?


Here we are at the rehearsal dinner
Here we are dancing at my sister's wedding
He met my Mama Edad and Manang Nelly (my Dad's Mom and oldest sister)
We did not catch the garter or bouquet. It was not our time.

Kris' birthday -- December 2001

Kris never had a surprise party thrown for him so I invited our friends from the singles group to celebrate. It was hard to surprise him but he was happy to celebrate with friends.


He had to kneel to get on my level.
Happy 26th birthday (circa 2001)

Collier Catholic Singles -- Circa 2001

We liked to do fun things with the singles group like bowling but we also volunteered with Habitat for Humanity.


We went out bowling with friends
We volunteered with Habitat for Humanity in East Naples

Some random pictures I found...

We visited family and friends a lot and took a few vacations.


We visited my sister right before my nephew Dominic was born - circa 2002. Today he is eight years old.
Dominic posed for a picture with me and Kris who came to Orlando to celebrate my birthday in 2007
Kris even shared my birthday dessert with me

Fast forward to 2009...

Miranda's First Birthday -- April 2009

We celebrated my niece's first birthday at Chuckie Cheese just before we were engaged.


We had a sketch drawn of us at Chuck E Cheese

Grandma Edad's 90th Birthday -- April 2009

On April 18, 2009, my grandmother turned 90. We celebrated with my extended family.


He was already a part of my family

My birthday 2009 -- May 2009

We told my parents of our intention to marry the weekend of my birthday in 2009.


We celebrated my birthday with SFC friends in Orlando

Our Engagement -- May 29, 2009

We were engaged at St. Peter's Catholic Church where we used to go to Church in East Naples.


We reenacted our engagement
We celebrated with family and friends

Our vacation to New Orleans -- October 2009

We took a short trip to New Orleans in October 2009.


We went to the zoo in New Orleans
We took a riverboat cruise down the Mississippi River

Hannah's Twin Baby Shower -- October 2009

After we came home from New Orleans, I co-hosted a baby shower for Kris' sister Hannah who was expecting twins the following January. Hannah's friend Irina was the other co-host.

Kris joined me for a picture after the shower


I am sure I have more pictures of the last ten years but these tell a great story of us. I look back on the last ten years and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment