Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is a beautiful 69 degrees and my hubby is working out in the yard. I love a hard working man… especially MINE! It seems that the cold winter days have come and gone. We are heading into the cooler weather of winter in Florida that we all love so much.

I am thinking...
of all the things I want to do today …a bike ride, read my book (finish last year’s book so I can start the reading list for 2011), clean the kitchen… So much to be done! There is always so much that I want to do but I never manage to get it all done. Well, there is always tomorrow!

I am thankful for...
an amazing start to 2011. 2010 was surely a great year for both of us and I just know that 2011 is going to be much better. Every year has been better than the one before.

From the kitchen... chocolate chip pancakes were made although I am not too happy about the way they turned out so I do not think I will be making them again. Soon dinner for my husband to take to work – a ham and cheese melt – will be prepared.

I am wearing... my pajamas. I love to stay in my pajamas as long as I can. Comfortable clothes to get the housework done.

I am creating... ? There is nothing I am currently creating except for our scrapbook which is a LONG work in progress as it dates back to our early days together circa 2001 (I have the most difficulty writing something in this section as there does not seem to be much creating going on. I do enjoy scrapbooking but I rarely have a chance to get any of it done. I am not very artistic otherwise. I do not knit, crochet, or sew. My talents in this department are very limited.)

I am going... nowhere. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually the days I do not have much planned outside of the house. A great opportunity to catch up on housework that is left behind from the weekend.

I am (still) reading... last year’s book – House Rules. I hope to finish it today (or very soon) and start on one of the books on my 2011 reading list. I have not decided which one but I am leaning toward Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey.

I am hoping praying...
for a healthy New Year. I hope that my hubby gets over this cough that seems to be lingering from his cold from a few weeks ago. I hope that we both remain healthy throughout the New Year and no more visits to the ER.

I am hearing... my hard working husband taking care of some yard work in the backyard. We are preparing for our  Spring project to seed it and finally get some grass in the backyard. Perhaps we will plant a small garden as well.

Around the house... there are always a lot of little things that need to be done that add up one BIG thing. Just when I seem to get a few done, it starts all over again.

One of my favorite things...

“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things”



I love the music from the Sound of Music. Great to sing along to and cheer you up anytime you are feeling down.

A few plans for the rest of the week:


Wednesday: Art Show
Thursday: Prayer group
Friday: NFP class
Saturday: Young Adults in Christ

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Ate Sunshine (Kuya Jun Jun's wife) from Canada came to visit Mom and Dad for the holiday. They came one day to visit us in our home. We took them to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota. Here are a few pictures that Ate Sunshine shared with us.


Clowning around in the gift shop. Don't we look like we belong in the circus?
This is one of my favorite pictures with Ate Sunshine.
Kris and I with Mom and Ate Sunshine at the museum.

We had a great time visiting with her and are happy that we could do our part to make her vacation here a little more fun.


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment