Sunday, October 10, 2010

The best roller coaster ride

I have always been a pretty big fan of roller coasters. I love to sit in the very front so I am one of the first ones to see and experience what is to come next. I love when they creep up to the very top and then drop and turn the corner at super speeds. I love loops and turning upside down. The twists and turns get my adrenaline pumping. I love the fast speeds. After about a minute and  half when it is all said and done, I want to do it all over again.


One of my favorite roller coasters at Busch Gardens - The Montu

The last 6 months of marriage have been similar to some roller coasters I have ridden in the past. There have been some very high highs and some pretty low lows. We have done a few loops back and forth only to push forward to the next obstacle and twist and turn. We turned loops and thought we were heading the wrong way only to get turned around in the right direction again. We have hit lows and climbed back to the top so slowly that we never thought we would ever get there again. We could hear time passing like the clicking on a roller coaster. Once we hit the top, we plummeted again to very bottom only to turn the corner at a super high speed.

The (still) newlyweds 6 months later

We know that there are many twists, turns, loops, drops and climbs ahead of us in our marriage but we ride in the back row this time. We let God be the driver. He is there in front of us to show us and guide us along the way. There is no loop that He will not turn around for us. There is no drop too far that He cannot pull us to the top again. He takes each fall with us and pulls us quickly around the corners. As we twist and turn, He is there to make straight the path.

This is one roller coaster I never want to get off and one I surely will ride again and again with you my love.

Happy half anniversary my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment