Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is an incredibly warm and sunny day. Highs are in the upper 80s and feels in the 90s. It certainly does not feel like a fall day at all.

I am thinking... about what the future has in store and the unknown. I am not sure I want to know what is to come in the near and not so distant future. There are so many uncertainties that I am not sure I want to know right now. I am not sure I am prepared for any heartache or heartbreak that may (or may not) be associated with the unknown.

I am thankful for...
the many blessings and graces in life that come from the old and new friends in our lives. They are such true blessings and I am grateful that each one is in my life.

From the kitchen... I can see that there is much tidying and cleaning needed to be done. I am blessed that there is always food on our table and we do not want for food to feed our physical hunger.

I am wearing... comfortable clothing. I am blessed that we have clothes on our back and do not want for clothing.

I am creating...
together with my husband a home. I am blessed that we have a sturdy roof over our heads and do not want for shelter.

I am going... to attend the Church mission on stewardship this week so I can learn how to be a better steward of God and our faith.

I am reading... The Song of Songs. I am fascinated by the love story portrayed in the Bible. It is a description from God of the sacredness and the depth of married union. It shows how our marriage to our Earthly spouse can prepare us for our marriage to the Lamb. It can be interpreted in terms of the union between Christ and the Church and even more specifically of the union of Christ and the individual soul.

I am hoping praying... for those who are hungry, for those who are naked, and for those who are homeless. May their prayers be joined with ours and they no longer know want for food, clothing, or shelter especially the children around the world who are lacking in the basic necessities to live.

I am hearing...
the sound of the branches from our Areca palms across our bedroom window and roof. And to think one of them appeared dead after last year’s winter freeze. They are both growing out of control and need much pruning.

Around the house... there are many things that need to be tidied and cleaned. There is still much work to be done to continue to make our house into a home but we are both working together (inside and outside the home) to make create a home.

One of my favorite things... All the aspects of the miracle of life -- the sound of babies laughing, the grip of babies hands, the calm of babies sleeping, the soft touch of babies cheeks, the joy of life living.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday & Wednesday: Church mission
Thursday: Prayer group
This weekend: Early voting, First Halloween in our new home

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Our cat Gracie

This is our cat Gracie Mae K...

...being lazy.

...helping with the laundry.

...and taking care of Mommy when she is sick.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

4 comments:

  1. It is scary to think about the unknown and uncertainties of the future but it is also a great reminder that God is always in control :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! And...you should post about Gracie on my Thursday "Animal Antics" meme! I'm now following your blog via Google Friend Connect, would appreciate you following me too. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana,

    Salamat po!

    I know that He is the one in control and that He has a greater plan for us but I find it difficult when I cannot explain why things happen the way that they do. It seems unfair at times.

    I need to try and remember my own verse in times like this (Jeremiah 29:11)

    Please keep us in your prayers as we are still newlyweds (6 and 1/2 months) and adjusting to the many changes of marriage.

    Eileen Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Guidling Light.

    Gracie is our little girl. I hope to devote an entire post to her and the amazing things she does.

    Eileen Mae

    ReplyDelete