Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Personal Date Night

Sometimes in a marriage a husband and wife need some time away from one another. Time to do the things that they enjoy doing by themselves. I have hungered for this time alone since we have been married and I moved here. I have not found the time to take this needed break. Every time I have tried to plan such a date night for myself something has happened to hinder me from being able to do it. Today I really needed it and I finally made available time.

We are very fortunate to have a Starbucks close to our home. It is a very short drive. Instead of a short drive I decided on a nice bike ride.

My bike Serena
I gathered the things I needed. I packed some reading material and my phone. I geared up and hopped on my bike. It was a nice 10 minute bike ride down to the Starbucks nearby.

My bike packed and all ready to take me on my date
I purchased my cup of coffee and a small bite to eat.

My toffee mocha frappacino and blueberry streusel muffin
I set up my reading material.

My NFP workbook and a book by my one of my favorite authors
I hooked up my phone to the headphones.

My cellphone which doubles as an MP3 player
I was able to get a lot of reading done.

My date for the evening
Toward the end of the night just before sunset I was able to talk to a very good friend and talk about some things that have been on my heart and mind the last few days.

After the I got off the phone with her, I saw that the sun was setting to the west just behind me. It was such a beautiful sight to see. The weather was just perfect. I came out to the patio just at the right time.

The sun setting over SR 70
I could not think of a better way to end the night.

Watching the sunset
It was such a beautiful sight!

Thank you Lord for this time much needed time alone.

The orange glow shone on my books and phone was so beautiful.
An amazing sight to see

1 comment:

  1. You had a wonderful day. I love that. The sunset is beautiful. I like your book. Doylene

    ReplyDelete