Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book of the Month: ?

I am so sad to admit that I am behind on my book a month goal for this year. I was able to finish last year's book and another book in January but I have yet to finish February's book which was The Authentic Catholic Woman. I have been trying to finish Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey for our Financial Peace University class that we have been taking since January. Our class ends mid-April and I would like to finish reading it before then. If I do, then I may have to count this as my February book. I still hope to finish The Authentic Catholic Woman and count it toward March.

I have also added a couple other books to my list of interests. I received The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman from some friends as our paper first anniversary gift. I have heard so much about this book and have wanted to add it to my list of books. I have heard this book being talked about on Christian radio. Knowing and understanding our love language will help us understand each other in our marriage. I also heard Dr. Emerson Eggerichs on Dave Ramsey's radio program on Valentine's Day. He was talking about his book Love and Respect. I found so much of what he had to say about men and women and marriage to be true. I could see them happening in our marriage. Understanding some of these fundamental differences can help strengthen our marriage.

The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

I have not had a chance to pick up my bonus book Heaven is for Real. I just could not picture myself picking up and finishing this book when I could not even finish the books I had planned on reading for this year. Perhaps when I am caught up I can go back and finish this book as my bonus book as well.

I am looking forward to some "me time" this Saturday where I hope to get much of this reading done. Perhaps I can get caught up in reading Financial Peace Revisited and finish The Authentic Catholic Woman. Financial Peace Revisited reads pretty fast since we are also taking the class. The Authentic Catholic Woman is a relatively short book but the material is deep and takes much thought. I think with some focus and determination I can get caught up on Financial Peace Revisited and finish The Authentic Catholic Woman. If not, then there is always next week during some of the terrible storms we have been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment