Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

March 8, 2011

Outside my window... it is a very hot 80 degrees. Spring has come early. It is a gorgeous day outside.

I am thinking... too many things at once. I cannot even narrow it down to just one thought. We have so many things going on right now in so many different areas of our lives. I am waiting for things to iron themselves out and things to start flowing smoothly.

I am thankful for...
the most wonderful husband. I am so blessed to have a husband who has a heart for God first and then his family. I knew I have always loved him but I have never loved this much. I grow more and more in love with him each day. 

From the kitchen... I am planning meatless meals to get through Lent. My hubby is abstaining throughout all of the Lenten season this year.

I am wearing...
house clothes because it is a doing-all-the-house-chores kind of day.

I am creating... the March meal menu. It is going to take a lot more planning to keep up with no meat throughout all of Lent.

I am going... to the grocery store. I am stocking up and getting ahead for Lent.

I am reading...
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace Revisited and The Authentic Catholic Woman. I am trying to get caught up on my book-a-month goal so I have decided to focus on these two books.

I am hoping praying...
Novena to St. Gerard. I am remembering and praying the words of Mary to the angel Gabriel: “I am the handmaid of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to your word.” It is the encouragement I need to accept the plan that God has for us but most especially His timing.

I am hearing... The Dave Ramsey Show live on the Internet and of course the dryer.

Around the house... I am busy trying to catch up on chores that still need to be done. The chores have seemed to get ahead of me in this game of house.

One of my favorite things... fun times with my nieces and nephews. I spent the weekend visiting with my sister and got to have some great quality time with my almost 11-year-old nephew and almost 6-year-old niece. I am looking for ward to this weekend when we both can spend time with the kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Ash Wednesday Mass
Thursday: Seminar week #3
The weekend: More quality family time

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My best friend and oldest friend from high school Chris celebrated his 37th birthday on Friday. We have been friends since we were freshman in high school more than 20 years ago. Here are some pictures from back in the day when we were young. Happy birthday Chris!

Chris and I studying in the Florida room at Chris' grandparent's house in high school circa 1991.
Chris and I with Nan and Charlie in Tolbert Hall circa 1993.
Chris and I in a photo booth in  Daytona circa 1995
Chris and I as gangsters Halloween circa 1996
Chris and I during his fraternity days circa 1997

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment