Thursday, March 31, 2011

Daybook


FOR TODAY

Last Daybook for March 2011

Outside my window... it is raining VERY hard. We have had severe weather here for the last couple of days. Rain, thunder and lightning, tornadoes… We needed the rain but I do not like the severe weather conditions that come with it.

Severe weather images

Severe weather in Florida

I am thinking... it would be nice to spend all day sleeping. All Gracie ever does all day is try to find a better spot to nap. What a tough life!

It is so hard to find a place to nap
It is a tough life being a cat
Please!! Can a cat just nap in peace??

I am thankful for... a husband to keep me safe during severe weather. The other night the thunder and lightning was so bad. It scared me in my sleep. My dear husband just held me tighter and assured me I would be okay. I went back to sleep safe in his arms.

From the kitchen... I baked banana bread from scratch. Okay, so it was not made fresh today… but I have been busy watching the severe weather.

Banana bread from scratch

I am wearing... my pajamas and thinking it would be nice to crawl under the covers and hide from the thunder and lightning.

I am creating... a first anniversary paper gift. Oh the memories we have had…

I am going... with Terry and Julie to our seminar this week. I hate driving in severe weather and I am so glad that they are willing to give me a ride. The car rides with them are so much fun!
  
I am reading... Financial Peace Revisited (still) but Terry and Julie gave me The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I am going to have to add it to my reading list. Thanks Terry and Julie for a great first anniversary gift!

The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman

I am hoping praying... safety for everyone in this severe weather all over the central Florida area.

A truck overturned on I-75
A damaged plane
There was significant damage at Sun-n-Fun

I am hearing... heavy rain and thunder in the distance.

Around the house... I am all caught up on my cleaning. I finally was able to get the clutter cleared and organized. Next week it will all start again.

One of my favorite things... cuddling with my husband and Gracie. They make me feel safe and warm. I love it when our family is together. There is nothing like quality time with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tonight: Seminar Week #6
Friday: Visit family
Saturday: Hubby working OT and some “Me time”

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

All aboard…

My 3-year-old niece Miranda was excited to ride the train around the mall

My 3-year-old niece Miranda
My younger sister Lauralee & 8-year-old nephew Dominic
My 11-year-old niece Lexy
All aboard! The train is leaving the station.
It was a safe trip around the mall.
The train is heading back to the station

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
The Simple Woman's Daybook is a brief outline for women/mothers who blog to use as a way to compose thoughts, plan the week, and keep a grateful heart. It is typically published once a week on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment